Friday, January 27, 2012

Are any hibiscus flowers dryable for tea or are some varieties not edible?

Hibiscus flowers are all edible as far as I have ever known...living in tropical climates nearly all my life I have always known Hibiscus bushes/trees to generate the same flowers, just different variations nowadays due to crossing varieties...My feathered ones safely play %26amp; nibble upon Hibiscus when I offer to them along with palm %26amp; various tree branches fresh cut from our property. Recently when I was in Costa Rica my friends little daughter age 3 was walking around everydaywith Hibiscus flowers nibbling in her mouth....I was surprised...I asked the lil one: What is that? She answered: "a Hibiscus flower'~ they are good for you!" I was shocked such a little one even knew the name much less that is was good for you! Very interesting huh?!
Are any hibiscus flowers dryable for tea or are some varieties not edible?
They are all good, but the red ones are best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment