Friday, January 27, 2012

I have a beautiful Hibiscus Plant that gives me many buds but many of these buds, never develop to flower?

Look closely at the buds...do you see any tiny bugs? Spray them..organic pesticides like fish oils found at Lowes or Home Depot work great. They are safe to use too. These bugs like to go into the bud under the green leaf before it opens. They feast on this bud. If no bugs, check the water . Let the soil be almost dry before you water again. Fertilizer is a must. Don't over fertilize. Use a time release like the miracle grow or dynamite granules and repeat once every 3 months. Sunlight - 4 hours moderate to bright sun daily a minimum. Don't let the plants get scorched. If it is in a pot...it might be time to get a bigger pot.
I have a beautiful Hibiscus Plant that gives me many buds but many of these buds, never develop to flower?
Two things I've found are that they're real pigs for sun, and they need to be fertilized. I keep my plants, blooming and otherwise, on a regular fertilzation schedule, and since I started that everything blooms. But I have a southeast window, too, so they're bombarded with sunshine for many hours, even in winter.
Reply:I have one at home. They need a lot of sun lights, and they only flower at a high enough tempeature.

No comments:

Post a Comment