Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hibiscus tree, branches are dying. I can't figure out why. Too much water?

I have a hibiscus tree in my reptile cage. It receives plenty of water. I suppose it is possible it gets too much, but it has good drainage. I don't see any bugs on it. What would I look for if it is dying from bugs?
Hibiscus tree, branches are dying. I can't figure out why. Too much water?
well, i'm not sure where you live, but generally hibiscus trees love full, blazing sun, excellent drainage, and just enough water to keep them alive...after they're well established. they normally aren't bothered by bugs where i live, but if they are, it's a grasshopper or caterpillar eating their leaves. if your branches are dying, the leaves are probably not getting enough sunlight to complete photosynthesis. hope that helps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment